11/4/15

Trade School Sonnets - Lapped Spool and Floating Sleeve Assembly





O! Lapped Spool and Floating Sleeve Assembly
Do you know no rub?
Does your spool suffer no chafe at the walls of your sleeve?

O! Would that I were as smooth. As unsmirched.
By the privations and hurts bestowed by love.
I have no air bearing. I have no dynamic o-ring seals.
My heart is worn by pipe scale and other air line contaminants.
It does not float on a cushion of pressurized oil-misted air.

But you, O Lapped Spool and Floating Sleeve Assembly,
You will never know these hurts, this love.
And so, Lapped Spool and Floating Sleeve Assembly,
I pity you and your two micron surface finish on outside diameter of spool,
And inside diameter...
of sleeve,
Which make it difficult for air line contaminants
to adhere.

Thus do I shed a tear for you,
Lapped Spool and Floating Sleeve Assembly.
Woe is Lapped Spool and Floating Sleeve Assembly.


2 comments:

Jim D. said...

Reminds me of the linked video. I think you might like this guy's style. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yZ04iC3J6Mc

PhilAreGo@gmail.com said...

That gentleman is very much into his equipment. I suspect he himself is hydraulically actuated.

[-Mgmt.]

Post a Comment