2/6/13

American Radiator Conditioning Systems - "Hot" cha cha!

This 1937 ad from American Radiator Conditioning System shows us a brilliant property of radiant heat principles. If there is enough warmth, a girl can pose comfortably in the dead of winter in a... WHOA!

Holy crap! Look at that! I guess she's definitely not getting cold armpits! Wow. I mean, wow! Man, Patty Smith has nothing on this girl! She's got like fifty o'clock shadow under each arm.





Well, I don't think I can be expected to finish talking about radiant heat versus convection or whatever. Man that's a lot of growth. Hmm. I think this deserves a nice winter-in-Chicago postcard. Please enjoy all the awkwardness it brings to all your family relationships, should you send it out. You're welcome.

Click for big.


Click for big,
if that's what you're into.


4 comments:

Fil said...

I reckon the carpet is shag.

Ypek said...

What about YOUR armpits, then?

PhilAreGo@gmail.com said...

Truth to tell, not quite bald, but less robust than the girl in the ad. Thankfully, this hasn't hampered my HVAC modeling career.

Thanks for reading!

[-Mgmt.]

Anonymous said...

It's so weird that people still think armpit hair is weird.

Post a Comment